Peppermint oil is derived from the peppermint plant, a cross between water mint and spearmint that thrives in Europe and North America. Peppermint typically occurs in moist habitats including stream sides and drainage ditches. Peppermint / Mentha piperita has a strong, clean, fresh, minty aroma
Peppermint has many many uses and is one of the most popular oil on the market today. Peppermint oil is commonly used to flavor foods and beverages and is used in soaps and cosmetics. Peppermint oil is very good for several health conditions.
Peppermint is one of the oldest and most popular herbs for soothing digestion and upset stomachs. Peppermint is said to have the ability to improve concentration and mental accuracy.
Some ways in which you can use peppermint oil:
- Massage several drops of peppermint oil on the abdomen, place a drop on wrists, or inhale to soothe the minor stomach discomfort associated with travel.
- Rub one drop of peppermint oil on the temples, forehead, over the sinuses (careful to avoid contact with your eyes), and on the back of the neck to relieve head pressure/headache.
- Put peppermint oil on the tongue and rub another drop of oil under the nose to help improve concentration and alertness.
- Diffuse or inhale peppermint oil mid-morning to curb the desire to snack.
- Inhale peppermint oil or rub a drop onto your abdomen to soothe minor stomach discomfort.
- .Massage several drops of Peppermint oil on an area of injury or chronic inflammation.
- Apply Peppermint oil immediately to an injured area (not broken skin) to relieve pain. If there is a cut, apply the Peppermint oil around but not on the open wound.
- Rub several drops of Peppermint oil on the bottoms of the feet to reduce fever.
- Apply a drop of Peppermint oil topically on unbroken skin to stop itching.
- Inhale Peppermint oil before and during a workout to boost your mood and reduce fatigue.
- Diffuse Peppermint oil in the room while studying to improve concentration and accuracy. Inhale Peppermint oil
while taking a test to improve recall.
- Place a drop of Peppermint oil on the tongue and inhale into the nose and sinuses to relieve congestion from a cold.
- Rub Peppermint oil on joints to relieve arthritis or tendonitis pain.
- Place a drop of Peppermint oil on the tongue to stop bad breath.
This is just a few of the many things that peppermint oil can be used for. If you would like more information on peppermint essential oils to go to my web page http://www.mydoterra.com/navona/ or contact me with your questions.